From: ed moses
Date: Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Subject: Re: CYPRIAN NYAMWAMU-M.P. BOMACHOGE 27 AUGUST 2009
Quite an agenda there!This is good; I like. The agenda sounds intelligent, methodical and palatable. On such, voters can hold him to account after his term since there are yardsticks to rate his performance
Good to go.
On 7/30/09, otieno sungu wrote:
Orina has been consistent on fighting for good governance in this country. These are the kind of leaders we are looking for.
I join you in supporting Orina and spreading the word and the hope that he captures the Bomachoge seat.
Juba. Southern Sudan.
— On Thu, 7/30/09, Douglas Mogeni Arege wrote:
From: Douglas Mogeni Arege
Subject: RE:CYPRIAN NYAMWAMU-M.P. BOMACHOGE 27 AUGUST 2009
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 4:00 AM
Communiqué from Mtumishi Cyprian Orina Nyamwamu to all our people in Bomachoge Constituency
This by election is for us to form a strong Bomachoge partnership for change! We need a change from the way we have been doing things in the past. We shall stop electing passengers to Parliament and elect a wise, humble, courageous and visionary leader; That is Mtumishi Cyprian Orina Nyamwamu
July 2, 2009
1. This is my application to all the voters of Bomachoge constituency. I shall be running to become the MP for Bomachoge on August 27, 2009. Your vote is not only for you but also for your children, your family and the whole constituency. It is a vote to end poverty in Bomachoge; Family after Family, Village after Village. We have established committees in all the 130 polling stations. Each Polling station Committee has 20 leaders. Each polling Station Committee leader shall be required to deliver a minimum of 5 votes. So we are working with a plan to deliver at least 100 votes in each polling station. This is the opportunity for all of us Bomachoge citizens to elect wisely.
2. Kofi Annan, Barrack Obama and Kenya shall be watching
There are supporters of our opponents who have been saying that I may not run in this by election. That I shall be vying in 2012. NO. They are doing politics. I have a right to lead this constituency more than some of the suspect characters who are being touted as serious candidates. I am a true, courageous, proud, visionary and competent son of this constituency. I am not a follower but a Leader! This by election is the right time. The whole of Kenya shall be in Bomachoge. Kofi Annan and Barrack Obama’s representatives shall also be in Bomachoge. Who among the aspirants has more friends in Bomachoge and In Kenya than Mtumishi Cyprian Nyamwamu? This is the time to end the shameful culture of electing Passengers to Parliament that our constituency has suffered for so many years. This is the time to put Bomachoge in the Kenyan Map by electing a tested and tried visionary leader.
3. Elect a leader with a Programme and not a Passenger
We shall not allow our people to get lost again. We do not want people to regret once again after casting their ballot on August 27; we must become clear that the time for electing PASSENGERS is over. This is the time to elect a leader;
a. Who shall unite our people! We want the end of the DIVIDE and RULE system that has indeed
b. who shall wisely and courageously fight for our youth to get employment and skills; our farmers to get better incomes for their tea; for our business people to access credit and markets
c. who shall be trusted with our CDF and resources such as LATF
d. who understands how government works, how parliament works, how the judiciary works, how the provincial administration works, how the Kenya works as a members of EAC, IGADD, the AU, the UN. This the person who understands the National Accord and Agenda Number 4 so that we can work to end poverty, inequalities, devolve resources, strength our institutions and end the 800,000 cases piling in the courts; so that we shall punish those who sponsor killings of others like we saw in 2007/8. We want a leader not a passenger in Parliament.
e. We want a leader who shall Market Bomachoge in Kenya and Africa and increase investments through forming and strengthening new cooperatives, new Companies, new Business Associations, new NGOs, new Trusts and New Foundations
f. We want a leader who shall fight for the Bomachoge and Kenya we Want by fighting corruption hold government to be accountable and ensure that Goldenberg, Anglo leasing and other corruption cases are resolved and never repeated again. There are many cases of corruption in the budget such as the Kenren fertilizer company that we keep paying hundreds of millions for every year yet the fertilizer factory is NON EXISTENT! We want this corruption to stop so that people can get medicines in hospitals and roads can be built.
g. We want a leader who shall deliver better hospitals, better education, better roads, and better services in offices, electricity and a better environment; water and security for all of us. We must fight crime.
These are the issues of this election. I know I am the one who is able to deliver on this programmes better than any one else. We can not achieve this ambitious programme if we elect a Passenger once again to Parliament;
4. The P4C committees and voter registration
The Partnership for Change Committees shall help to ensure that as many people as possible register to vote. So please ensure that all of us register. There are those who opposed the fresh voter register but I stood firm to ensure that our youth register as voters. I know we did the right thing. Those opposed to a fresh voter register have a motive!
5. No violence no Voter bribery and vote buying
We shall ensure that there is NO VIOLENCE and there is ZERO TOLERACE to voter buying and voter bribery. Those women groups and youth groups that have specialized in forming companies to sell the votes of their members are warned to stop this practice. This by election is not for people to be given money. You were given the money in 2007 but still made a big blunder. We must vote with our brains no with the stomach and auction our constituency like Essau auctioned his inheritance by accepting a bowl of soup! The money confused us and we ended up scoring a Y in the 2007 election. The By election is for us to write the exam properly NOT to be given money. All of us must wake up on August 27 and vote wisely. We shall ensure that all those who do not vote are investigated. Those who do not vote are those who sell their vote for Kshs. 100. Shall we allow people to sell our constituency to thieves? No. in 2009, every registered voter Must vote or be arrested and fined for not voting.
6. Clique of brokers
There is a clique of brokers who are used by politicians to buy voters and to bribe voters on Election Day in maize plantations and shopping centers. The IIEC is properly informed of these brokers who have used every election to receive money from politicians to enrich themselves while leaving our people poor and destitute. We have declared war in the 130 polling stations. The Partnership for Change has invited 270 Lawyers, Ambassadors and other Professionals from Bomachoge and from all over Kenya to come and monitor and Observe this by –elections so that these brokers shall be identified, arrested and jailed for bribery and crimes against democracy. Warn them that this by election shall be different and the whole of Kenya shall be watching. We want this election to be peaceful, free and fair. We want more than 80% of registered voters to turn up and vote wisely.
7. My first 100 Days in office as Bomachoge MP;
7.1 Bomachoge Foundation
1) Samwel Onuko
2) Dismas Oyieko
3) Dr. Naftali Oirere
4) Eucabeth Obara
5) Joram Makori
6) Gideon Achwoga
7) Onyancha Ombongi
8) Morris Mbegera
9) Lumumba Onderi
7.2 Bomachoge Constituency Convention Assembly
• 3 reps from each polling station
• Shall meet every six months and its Steering committee shall meet every three months
It shall have the following working committees that shall be serving every two years
7.2.1 Public Administration And Security
• public administration; chiefs, Dos, DC, DDC, Provincial administration generally
• the police and police service
• Policy and legislation
• Land boards
• County, Town and municipal council administration
• security strategy
• performance monitoring and evaluation
• population policy
• family and social issues
• Culture and cultural policies
• council of elders
• arbitration and traditional conflict resolution system
7.2.2 Infrastructure, And Urbanization Committee
• Communications and IT
• Electricity and energy sources
• Special Programmes and disaster management
• Roads and bridges
• Sports stadia
• Social halls
• Markets and trading centers
7.2.3 Education, Training And Placement Committee
• Performance of public and private primary and secondary schools
• Village polytechnics and artisan skills
• Career advice and counseling
• Colleges and university education Programme
• Human resource, personnel and career development
• Link with university students
• Job placements
• Entrepreneurship training
7.2.4 Health And Human Services Committee
• Sanitation and preventive health
• Medical services, staffing, facilities and financing
• Alcohol and drugs control and treatment services
• Maternal health
• First aid services
• Public health education
• Planned parenthood/ family planning services
• HIV AIDS control and treatment
• Social protection for the poor and vulnerable
• Persons with disabilities
7.2.5 Environmental Conservation And Renewal Committee
• Community conservation committees (CCC)in each of the sub locations
• Wetlands – ebirubo
• Water catchments areas
• Soil conservation
• Environmental assessments
7.2.6 Agriculture, Livestock And Food Security Committee
• Tea sector reforms and capacity building
• Banana sector income building strategy
• Cash crops development Programme
• Nutrition farming and food security strategy
• Land use policy and incentives framework
• Livestock expansion and modernization Programme
• Agro processing
7.2.7 Investments, Commerce And Resource Mobilization Committee
• Banking services and insurance
• Cooperative sector development ( the Partnership Cooperative Development SACCO – PACODES)
• The Bomachoge Business Council
• Markets administration and development
• Trade insurance
• Investment support and services
7.2.8 CDF And Projects Committee
• We want this committee to be elected by the people’s delegates. If we had each polling station electing 5 delegates to the meet at each location, then each location can elect 20 delegates to the Constituency Electoral College for purposes of electing the 15 members of the CDF committees
• The Committee’s functions and roles are clearly outlined under the Act but what we now must do is to make this process more consultative, open and transparent.
7.2.9 Liaison, Policy And Dialogue Committee
• Serve as the Development Policy Think Tank or coordinate policy Think tanks
• Liaison with the KNUT , workers,
• Civil society
• Liaison with the National debates and policy processes
• Liaison with the Gusii Development forums
I would love to recommend Jesse Onsando to head this committee since he has already taken up the responsibilities of representing Bomachoge constituency in the Gusii Professionals Development Forum
7.2.10 The Bomachoge Constituency Convention Assembly Steering Committee
• Shall constitute each of the conveners and secretaries of the 9 committees, the convener of the women Convention, convener of the youth convention and convener of the Teachers and workers representative.
• Shall meet every six months
• Shall receive reports from the MP on his performance
• Shall receive reports from each town council and county council on the application of funds and the performance of each elected civic leader.
• Shall convene ward convention assemblies which shall receive reports of performance of each elected and nominated councilor every four months as outlined here in.
7.3 Elect CDF committee
Each of the 7 locations shall nominate 30 leaders making it a total of 210 leaders meeting to elect the 15 members of CDF
7.4 The Gucha Community Progress Complex
Bomachoge should urgent build a complex that shall be the engine of transformation in Bomachoge. The Complex shall house
1) The Gucha Cultural and Multi-Purpose Hall
2) School for special needs children
3) Offer High quality Civic and Conference centre and hostels
4) Diploma and certificates courses in liaison with KIM and Kenyatta University
5) Farmers Training college
6) Offer Banking Halls for several banks to take advantage of the business potential in Gucha
7) House the Bomachoge SACCO
7.5 Within 200 Days, Institute the Adopt-a-school-Programme in all the primary and secondary schools in Bomachoge Constituency
7.6 Hold a walk to raise the first 5 Million shillings for a Widows and orphans programme
8 United we stand, divided we shall fall!
This by election is a blessing. It is our time to unite and stop the divide and rule tactic that has been used to fragment us and keep us poor. The way forward is for each and every one of us; kera omosweta; to be a Partner for Change. Join the Partnership for Change and together we shall form a strong movement for change in Bomachoge and work with the rest of the nation to change our lives. When united we shall work for a better future. We shall end poverty family by family, village by village! This election is therefore about you and not about Mtumishi Nyamwamu or this politician or that. This election is the by-election of HOPE in Bomachoge.
HOPE for employment for our youth
HOPE for unity
HOPE for visionary, selfless and Courageous Leadership
HOPE for better use of CDF
HOPE for the protection and promotion of the rights of each and every omomachoge
HOPE for a better education for every child
HOPE for farmers to earn better incomes for their tea and other produce
HOPE for better medication
HOPE for better roads and infrastructure
HOPE for security in our homes and business premises
HOPE for electricity and water for our constituency
HOPE for a united, peaceful and prosperous Kenyan nation
So vote wisely. Make sure you vote for your life and the life of your children.
God bless you.
Cyprian Orina Nyamwamu, Mtumishi
Partnership for Change.
Douglas Mogeni AREGE
P.O.Box 919-40200 Kisii-Kenya
+254 720 466 340
Every Day You Wake Up, Ask Yourself: “What Have I Done To Make This World Better”?
I want to make a difference,a positive difference! I support Sustainable Development